Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TVThursday, September 25th, 2014
Bulgaria’s largest mobile phone operator, Mtel, has launched direct-to-home satellite television broadcasting. The telco is offering up to 150 television channels with more than 20 in high definition (HD). There are three different subscription packages – Economy, Standard and Advanced – with HD channels available in all packages.
The Mtel satellite set-top box supports PVR functionality with the addition of an external drive via USB.
The service is broadcast on Eutelsat 16A at 16.0° East and can be received with a 60cm dish. Signals are uplinked from Telekom Austria’s Aflenz Teleport in the Austrian Alps.
Mtel is part of the Telekom Austria Group of companies.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement