Dodo TV with Fetch launches in AustraliaWednesday, October 1st, 2014
Dodo, a part of ASX200 company M2 Group Ltd (ASX:MTU), has today announced it has signed an alliance agreement with Fetch TV and will immediately commence offering its IPTV service. The product to be known as Dodo TV with Fetch will be available from today, commencing with a $0 per month offer ($69 set-up fee) on its flagship unlimited standalone broadband plans.
“Dodo has been a leading challenger in the market for over 12 years, offering Australian households high-value services at a cheap price, and our Dodo TV with Fetch plans are no different,” says Boris Rozenvasser, Consumer Director. “Offering Dodo TV with Fetch this way will undoubtedly shake up the market”.
“As broadband speeds increase, so do customer expectations for their entertainment experience. With its new partnership with Fetch TV, Dodo can now bundle a fantastic entertainment service with our market leading broadband service. The market for fixed line services has clearly evolved, and Dodo is committed to leading from the front.”
Dodo is offering its Fetch Lite plan (normally $10 per month for Dodo customers) for $0 per month ($69 set-up fee) on its unlimited standalone broadband plans. This means that customers in metro exchanges can combine an Unlimited ADSL2+ and Dodo TV with Fetch for only $39.90 per month (min price $1026.60 over 24 months including set-up + $24.90 delivery).
“Whilst a number of companies have an IPTV offering, it is our job to make sure that we deliver Australians a great value offering, at a cheap price. It is with this in mind that, that we have launched what we believe to be some of the most disruptive plans on the market. Our plans give customers the flexibility to combine our renowned high-value unlimited broadband and home phone services with a choice of Dodo TV with Fetch options designed to suit every household.”
Key features of Dodo TV with Fetch
- Ability to bundle either unlimited broadband or an unmetered NBN service (where NBN is available) with Dodo TV with Fetch
- Flexibility to add a standard home phone or an unlimited local, national and Australian mobile (excl. 13/1300) phone service
- Choice of two Dodo TV with Fetch plans – Lite and Entertainment Plus, providing:
- Full PVR functions giving the ability to pause, rewind and record live TV
- An in-home movie store with access to over 3000 movies to rent, including the latest releases
- Includes 30 preselected movies each month
- Free-to-air digital channels (antenna connection required)
- Catch-up TV on TV
- Ability to control and watch Dodo TV with Fetch on mobile devices
- Over 30 extra pay TV Channels (Entertainment Plus plan only) – including premium offerings from Disney, National Geographic, ESPN, MTV, Nickelodeon, BBC, and Universal Networks.
- As a special launch offer, customers signing up to Fetch Entertainment Plus will receive five movie rental credits to be used for movies of their choice, including new releases (30 day expiry)
- Flexibility to add-on international packs and special interest channels
“Not only does Dodo TV with Fetch provide a real alternative to the subscription TV incumbent through the excellent premium channels and movie collections – but it will also revolutionise the way Australians consume Free-to-air TV. The set-top box PVR functions allows users to pause and rewind live TV as well as offering advanced recording functions including the ability to record two channels while watching a third and the ability to use series tag to record every episode of a specific show – all on a massive 1 terabyte hard drive, allowing for up to 585 hours of SD recordings”, continues Rozenvasser.
The advanced new generation set-top box includes great apps such as YouTube for TV (watch favorite videos in full screen and pair with your YouTube accounts to access all your playlists), My Media Hub (allows you to play video, music and image files from your computer, phone or tablet to you TV), Weather (providing instant updates and Bureau of Meteorology forecasts) and NASA (giving live coverage of all things NASA and space-related).
Furthermore, Dodo TV with Fetch offers an easy 3-step simple set-up and instant activation!
“Additionally, Dodo is offering a number of value-added products that support Dodo TV with Fetch, including 7″ and 9.7″ Pendo tablets starting from as little as $99 (7″) and $149 (9.7″). Using a mobile device with Dodo TV with Fetch allows you to watch subscription based channels, stream recordings to the device (in-home service only), set recordings, watch movies and it can be used as a remote control.”
Expecting this new offering to generate high interest, Dodo has set up a dedicated hotline to answer any queries that customers may have.