Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networksMonday, October 20th, 2014
Quantenna and SoftAtHome Partner to Deliver Next Generation Wireless Home Networks
- SoftAtHome and Quantenna’s leading Wi-Fi technology give operators and their customers the very best in digital home
AMSTERDAM — Broadband World Forum — Quantenna Communications, Inc., the leader in ultra-high performance Wi-Fi, and SoftAtHome, provider of home operating platforms enabling convergent services for the digital home, have partnered together today at Broadband World Forum to deliver the next generation of wireless home networks.
According to Gartner, the growth of Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices is expected to reach 26 billion units installed in 2020 representing an almost 30-fold increase from 0.9 billion in 2009. Connected devices, including smartphones, tablets and PCs will also continue to rise, reaching about 7.3 billion units by this time. As the number of Wi-Fi devices in the home continues to climb, this puts a drastic increase on the bandwidth needs for the average home, introducing the problem of disturbances between the consumer device and the access point.
To address this challenge, SoftAtHome is bringing greater intelligence to the home network with the SOP7 software platform. Powered by the QSR1000, the industry’s fastest 4×4 802.11ac Wi-Fi chipset from Quantenna, the SOP7 embedded platform offers OEMs greater bandwidth and a better overall quality of experience for their TV and network operator solutions, from set-top boxes to dongles, NAS and home gateways.
This partnership covers multiple areas of innovation focused on Wi-Fi and home networking, including:
- SOP7 by SoftAtHome as the latest embedded software platform now available to OEMs servicing the broadcast, broadband and telecom operator market
- Connectivity between gateway and devices powered by SoftAtHome software, whether set-top boxes, NAS or dongles
- Band steering to ensure optimal performance for all connected devices in the home by having the access point automatically assigning devices to specific bandwidth channels
- P1905 standard bandwidth management to ensure every medium receives the greatest network intelligence, from Wi-Fi to HPNA and Power Line Communication
- Cloud-based Wi-Fi network management allowing powerful real time analytics to optimize the home Wi-Fi network
“We are very pleased to collaborate with Quantenna,” said Michel Degland, CEO of SoftAtHome. “We have the opportunity to prepare the next-generation connected home since higher Wi-Fi bandwidth performance and intelligent home networking are the key elements for service providers to propose the best services to their customers.”
“We are thrilled to be working with SoftAtHome to give operators cutting edge technologies that will optimize the digital home experience and delight their customers,” said Sam Heidari, CEO of Quantenna Communications. “As bandwidth challenges in the home continue to grow more significant, operators will require more advanced solutions to remain agile and competitive within the digital home. With SoftAtHome innovative technologies, we are proud to help them meet and exceed these growing connectivity expectations.”
Meet SoftAtHome at booth #D44 at the RAI Amsterdam Exhibition and Convention Centre during Broadband World Forum October 21 – 23, 2014. Quantenna will be hosting meetings by appointment at its meeting room #C202 (Elicium Centre) at the RAI. To set up an appointment with Quantenna during the show, please contact email@example.com.
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin