Casa Systems delivers first full CCAP-compliant deployment in North AmericaMonday, April 6th, 2015
Casa Systems Teams Up With Time Warner Cable Delivers First Full CCAP Compliant Deployment in North America
- TWC Delivers High Speed Data, Voice and Video Over the Same Port on Casa’s Integrated CCAP Platform
ANDOVER, MA — Casa Systems, a worldwide leader in ultra broadband solutions, today announced that Time Warner Cable has completed the deployment of high speed data, voice and QAM video in New York City on Casa System’s integrated CCAP platform.
This is the first production deployment, by any MSO in North America, of fully integrated CCAP services as defined by; channel diversity, channel density and the ability to simultaneously support data and QAM video on the same port. To date, Time Warner Cable has migrated hundreds of thousands of video subscribers to Casa System’s C100G integrated CCAP platform.
This migration has led to significant cost savings in capital and operational expense including savings in valuable rack space and power consumption. These power savings will continue to grow as more Video on Demand and Switched Digital Video subscribers are converted to integrated video on Casa’s C100G. It’s anticipated that additional savings will also be gained through recovery of floor space due to the elimination of external QAM devices.
“What Time Warner Cable and Casa Systems have been able to accomplish is impressive,” said Jeff Heynen, principal analyst of broadband access and pay TV for Infonetics Research. “The race amongst the MSOs to deliver next generation services is very competitive. This milestone is a feather in the cap to both Time Warner Cable and Casa.”
“Time Warner Cable is one of the global leaders in advancing and deploying new technologies that deliver exceptional next generation services to their subscribers,” said Jerry Guo, president and CEO of Casa Systems. “We are very pleased that Time Warner Cable has selected Casa Systems as a provider.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution