Allegro DVT unveils VP9 compliance streamsThursday, June 4th, 2015
GRENOBLE, France — Allegro DVT, the industry leader in audio/video compliance streams, announces the addition of VP9 test bitstreams to its product portfolio. IC vendors developing VP9 compliant decoders are now able leverage Allegro DVT’s long experience in video codecs technology to validate their VP9 decoder implementation using industry proven conformance streams.
VP9 codec is a royalty-free, high-efficient video compression technology developed by the Google-sponsored WebM Project. It offers increased compression efficiency that enables next generation online streaming services with resolutions up to 4K (e.g. YouTube) and WebRTC-based video conferencing applications.
Allegro DVT’s VP9 test suite is compliant with the latest VP9 specification. It provides a comprehensive solution for VP9 decoder validation that covers Profile 0 (8-bit depth, 4:2:0 chroma sampling), Profile 2 (10-bit depth, 4:2:0 chroma sampling), all compression tools and multiple resolutions up to 4K@60fps.
For more information, visit us at DAC 2015, June 8-10 – San Francisco, booth #2202 and at WebM Summit 2015, June 17 – Mountain View.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak