Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015Friday, February 12th, 2016
SINGAPORE — Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015.
Group Consumer comprises the consumer businesses across Singapore and Australia, as well as the Group’s investments, mainly, AIS in Thailand, Airtel in India, Africa and South Asia, Globe in the Philippines, and Telkomsel in Indonesia. It focuses on driving greater value and performance from the core carriage business including mobile, pay TV, fixed broadband and voice, as well as equipment sales.
Consumer Home Services which comprise residential pay TV, fixed broadband and voice revenues was stable. As at 31 December 2015, 84% of broadband customers have made the transition to fibre. During the quarter, Singtel TV continued to broaden its content offerings with the addition of new channels including Warner TV, and also increased the number of channels made available on Singtel TV Go App. In January 2016, Singtel signed an exclusive partnership with Netflix to offer promotional subscriptions to customers as well as entered into an exclusive partnership with Viu, an online streaming service for Korean entertainment.
Singtel TV* – Number of residential TV customers (000s)
Quarter ---------------------- YOY 31 Dec 30 Sep 31 Dec Chge 2015 2015 2014 % ------ ------ ------ ---- 424 423 420 1.0
* With effect from 21 January 2015, mio TV has been renamed as Singtel TV.
In Mass Market Fixed, operating revenue grew 5.5% from higher off-net revenue driven mainly by an increase of 16,000 in the NBN broadband customer base and an increased take-up of Optus TV.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution