Sky Q adds Split Screen viewing of two live streams side-by-sideWednesday, October 5th, 2016
Customers will never miss any of the action again with exclusive new Sky Q sports features
Sky Q, the next generation box, introduces new features making it easier for customers to catch up on their favourite sports and enjoy even more of the action.
The brand new updates will give sports fans great new ways of making the most of what they’re watching on Sky Sports. Sky Q customers can now choose Split Screen viewing to watch two live streams side-by-side, the latest goal alongside a live Premier League match, or the best overtaking manoeuvre next to the Formula 1® race.
The new features include:
- Sports Split Screen: Live Streams: You can watch two live streams side-by-side. Customise your Match Choice and watch two football matches or tennis games side-by-side when on at the same time. Or choose Race Choice and experience two different camera angles with Formula 1®.
- Sports Split Screen: Video Clips: Catch up on highlight video clips from the Premier League or Formula 1® without taking your eye off the live event.
Customers can simply press the red button and open the Sky Sports app on Sky Q and choose to customise their streams with Match Choice or Race Choice, or select Highlights and watch video clips alongside the main event.
The new features allow customers to catch up on even more of the action from Sky Sports. And with the Sky Sports HQ app available on Sky Q, customers can already check out the latest Scores & Tables, customise their home page with their favourite football team, and watch highlight video clips from Sky Sports News, now available in split screen whilst still watching any other channel. Plus Sky Q is set to get even better for sports fans with the introduction of Sports Start Over next year.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Brand Director of TV and Content Products, commented: “We know our customers absolutely love watching live sports and the new Sky Q features will give them the flexibility to choose how they watch. Whether it’s a Premier League match or Formula 1® race, customers can simply choose split screen viewing and watch the most talked about goal again and again, or two live races side by side.”
Other features introduced as part of the update include the recently launched Box Sets to Buy & Keep through Sky Store, plus the addition of live channels to Top Picks, playing a preview of the channel in the EPG, to make sure customers don’t miss the big live TV moments.
The update follows recent new features like Auto Download Next Episode, Auto Play and Series Record, making it easier for customers to binge-watch addictively good box sets from The Night Of to Billions and The Walking Dead. As well as a re-designed Top Picks and Sports Featured homepage, combining the best of live and On Demand TV, and the widest range of Ultra HD programming for customers with the Sky Q 2TB box.
Sky Q is a great new way for customers to experience TV on their terms, with brilliant new features like the ability to record and store more shows than ever before, watch TV and recordings on any screen around the home, and take recordings out and about, even without internet connection.
And Sky Q will continue to get even better, with more new features like Voice Search and further personalisation of Top Picks anticipated in the future.
All of these changes reflect Sky’s commitment to giving customers innovative new ways to watch more of the best TV, from live sports to original Sky drama, blockbuster movies and the best from the US.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023