Quadrille push video integrated with SES VOD platformThursday, September 14th, 2017
Quadrille and SES unveil next-generation managed satellite services for video and OTT channels
- Strategic partnership between the two companies has led to co-development of next-generation push video technologies that are integrated into SES’s VOD platform
PARIS — Quadrille, an independent software vendor and leader in supplying software solutions to deliver content over Satellite, Terrestrial or Cable, and SES S.A., the world-leading satellite operator, have unveiled next-generation push video technologies that are fully integrated into SES’ VOD platform.
Quadrille has been working with SES in a strategic partnership to identify requirements and to provide its highly innovative software suite and technology infrastructure for SES Video’s new generation video-on-demand (VOD) everywhere managed service platform.
Leveraging its proven push technology for files (QuadriFast™) but also for OTT channels (QuadriLive™), Quadrille is one of the key components of SES’s next-gen VOD platform.
SES’s VOD platform provides an end-to-end solution with pre-integrated content management services.
New functionalities include the integration of linear events and the ability for TV viewers to press the start over button. The VOD platform is also hosted on much higher bandwidth which enables faster configurable content refresh rates.
Xavier Battas, CEO of Quadrille, says: “We are very proud to have co-developed these push technologies with SES Video and to incorporate our innovative technology into SES’s next-gen VOD platform. Through this managed service platform, SES Video and Quadrille are extending the content arm and to reach everybody, everywhere. Our DNA has always been broadcast-centric, and this is a great achievement for our company and for our technical team. This partnership with SES is a major step forward for us and the best is yet to come.”
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi