HISPASAT introduces satellite Push-VOD enabled by QuadrilleSaturday, September 15th, 2018
HISPASAT introduces at IBC 2018 its new Video on Demand via satellite solution enabled by Quadrille
- The service will allow HISPASAT’s clients to offer a complete TV experience including VoD (Video on Demand) and linear TV
- This platform allows end user watch content any time without the need of internet access
- Both companies are presenting the solution at IBC in an end to end demo integrated in a SmarDTV Global Set Top Box
MADRID — HISPASAT, the Spanish satellite-based telecommunications operator, and Quadrille, the independent software provider and leader in supplying software solutions for contend and OTT channels delivery via satellite, are introducing their new solution for non-linear satellite-managed services, Push VoD (Video on Demand), at the IBC fair in Amsterdam. The solution allows on demand video contents (films, series, etc.) to be distribute via satellite without the need of internet access.
Through this new solution, HISPASAT provides an effective tool to its clients in the Media market who wish to distribute non-linear contents or video on demand (VoD) via satellite quickly and easily. Additionally, the platform can also be used in market segments such as the mobility, and corporate and government services.
This is an important step forward in the satellite operator’s innovative vision. The company has thus selected the French company Quadrille, which provides its QuadriFast software package to send video files and advertisements, as a response to the new media consumption habits that go beyond traditional television.
For Ignacio Sanchis, Chief Commercial Officer of HISPASAT, “innovation in audiovisual services is part of HISPASAT’s DNA. We always seek to offer the best solutions that allow our clients to develop and grow their services via satellite. Thanks to the solution that we’ve developed with Quadrille, our clients will be able to offer added value services, such as VoD or Catch-up TV, in a simple and efficient manner”.
Xavier Battas, CEO of Quadrille, added: “The time has come when satellite TV viewers can have access to non-linear contents as if they were connected to the internet. The great thing about accessing non-linear contents via satellite with QuadriFast is that users will always have the best visual experience without any loss of image quality. We here in Quadrille are very proud of having provided our experience in this field to Hispasat”.
The first live demo of this solution can be seen in the IBC 2018 fair in HISPASAT’s stand (1C37) where the satellite operator and Quadrille are collaborating with the company SmarDTV Global, which is providing its modern line of receivers (Set-Top-Box).
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics