Telefónica deploys IPTV STBs in Latin America with WyplayThursday, January 4th, 2018
Telefonica is deploying its new IPTV STB solution based on Frog by Wyplay open middleware
MADRID, Spain & MARSEILLE, France — Telefónica, one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, today announced the deployment of its new IPTV solution for LatAm based on the Frog Source Set Top Box (STB) software from Wyplay.
Wyplay, with its open solution Frog, has been selected by Telefónica to become part of the ecosystems of middleware components providers for Telefónica IPTV Set Top Boxes. Thanks to Wyplay´s middleware, Telefónica has the flexibility to adapt new video services to different technologies and markets in a simple and agile way. Less than a year after having chosen Frog Source, Telefónica has begun the roll-out of new STBs in LatAm.
Telefonica selected in December 2016 the Wyplay Frog Source solution due to its modularity, openness, the large Frog community and the advanced functionalities from a basic zapper up to an advanced multi-tuner gateways.
Providing professional support, training and specific development, Wyplay collaborated closely with the Telefonica technical management team who developed and customized its product based on Frog Source.
“With a small team of highly productive engineers, an operator can deploy a solution in less than one year” says Jacques Bourgninaud, Wyplay CEO. He adds “This first successful Telefonica project deployment confirms our Frog Source strategy”.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution