ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBCThursday, September 13th, 2018
ARRIS Continues International Growth, Announcing Additional Customer Wins at IBC
- Expanded portfolio brings 4K, DVR, and OTT capabilities to markets throughout Europe and beyond
AMSTERDAM — IBC 2018 — ARRIS International plc (NASDAQ: ARRS) today announced a number of high-profile customer wins from around the world. These agreements follow ARRIS’s renewed focus on international growth. The company reported record-level international shipments of 42% in Q2 of 2018 — a 35% increase over the previous year.
Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS’s international leadership in next-generation networks and entertainment delivery.
Meanwhile, ARRIS continues to diversify its set-top portfolio with the joint-development of new consumer entertainment solutions with Freesat in the UK. ARRIS will be previewing a selection of this technology at IBC in Amsterdam, September 13-18 (Hall 1, Stand B19).
“We’re gaining steady momentum in the international market by responding quickly to the evolving needs of our service provider customers and consumers around the world,” said Steve McCaffery, President and Managing Director, International Business Operations Group, ARRIS. “Our customers appreciate the diversity of solutions that we offer, and our latest design wins attest to our leadership and expertise in helping them deliver tomorrow’s entertainment and broadband experiences.”
At this year’s IBC, ARRIS announced new agreements with leading global service providers, including:
- Liberty Global – deployed the ARRIS E6000® Gen 2 platform to power its DOCSIS® 3.1 launch in Germany. The Gen 2 platform offers up to a 70 percent increase in headend service group density without consuming more rack space, enabling cost savings and capacity upgrades for HFC access networks. Liberty Global joins many of the world’s leading service providers in paving the way for Gigabit services and next-gen Distributed Access Architectures with the ARRIS E6000 Gen 2.
- Sky Italia – will upgrade its consumer set-tops to hybrid models from ARRIS to comply with new European Commission energy efficiency regulations. The devices also add HEVC encoding and 802.11ac Wi-Fi capabilities to the consumer premises, enabling substantially higher quality video for services like video-on-demand.
- Stofa – chose ARRIS vManager to accelerate its deployment of Gigabit services across Denmark. vManager saves Stofa time and money with the deployment by automating the provisioning of new nodes on its network— securing, managing, and configuring the devices accurately and much faster—saving Stofa both time and money.
ARRIS’s further expanded set-top portfolio will combine linear, OTT, on-demand, and app-based video technology for the direct-to-consumer market in the UK:
- Freesat – selected ARRIS to develop its first subscription-free, 4K UHD/HDR video devices. Each of the four feature-packed devices can deliver crystal-clear 4K satellite TV, and may also stream OTT services like BBC iPlayer, Netflix, and YouTube™. This agreement represents the first line of ARRIS products for the UK retail channel. It’s also the first KreaTV device for DVB-S2. While these devices will be available in UK retail outlets beginning in 2019, there are also plans to expand into other markets across Europe.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement