BitRouter and Coherent Logix to show enhanced ATSC 3.0 receiver at CES2019Monday, January 7th, 2019
BitRouter and Coherent Logix to Show Enhanced ATSC 3.0 Receiver System at CES 2019
- BitRouter and Coherent Logix expand capabilities of ATSC 3.0 receiver system to provide open development platform for test, debug, and analysis
LAS VEGAS — BitRouter and Coherent Logix have enhanced the capabilities of their ATSC 3.0 receiver system that debuted last year. The base receiver consists of the PHY Layer running on the Coherent Logix HyperX™ processor and BitRouter’s ATSC3pak™ middleware that targets ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receivers. Tagged as being fully compliant “from RF to screen,” the enhancements provide a full HTML5 Native App Development SDK; remote login and stream capture in ATSC Link Layer or PCAP formats; standalone download and playout of captured streams for testing, debugging, and analysis; and real-time logging of all PHY Layer parameters.
The two companies also announced a roadmap that includes Wi-Fi redistribution, SHVC support, and an HTML5 Downloadable App Development SDK.
BitRouter’s Founder and President, Gopal Miglani, said, “ATSC3pak lowers the barrier to entry for a ready-to-deploy ATSC receiver platform. BitRouter brings the same world class software to ATSC 3.0 that it has deployed in over 30 million ATSC 1.0 receivers and 25 million cable receivers since 2003. We are pleased to be working with Coherent Logix, a pioneer in ATSC 3.0 development.”
“We have been very pleased with our relationship with BitRouter over the past year,” stated Michael Doerr, President at Coherent Logix. “The seamless integration of the PHY running on our HyperX architecture and ATSC3pak demonstrates the realization of a ‘world platform’ where regional broadcast standards can be supported simply by changing the software image.”
BitRouter will be demonstrating ATSC3pak running on the Coherent Logix platform at the Consumer Electronics Show in its suite 312 at the Westgate Resort that is connected to the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store