TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon PrimeWednesday, April 24th, 2019
Amazon Prime Video arrives on TalkTalk TV
- TalkTalk TV to offer Prime Video via set top box
- The deal with Amazon sees customers access more content than ever before as Prime Video joins TalkTalk TV’s range of streaming apps
- Football fans can now watch all televised 2019/20 Premier League games on TalkTalk TV via Prime Video, BT Sport and Sky Sports
LONDON — TalkTalk TV today announced that customers can now* stream Prime Video via the TalkTalk TV set top box. Prime Video joins TalkTalk TV’s extensive content offering which spans over 98% of the UK’s top TV shows.
TalkTalk TV customers can now enjoy a range of popular TV shows and movies available on Prime Video, including Amazon Originals The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and the forthcoming, highly-anticipated Good Omens starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant.
Customers who already have a Prime Video subscription will simply be able to stream the service by logging into the app via their set top box. TalkTalk TV customers who don’t currently have a Prime Video subscription can take advantage of the 30-day free trial**. Football fans will benefit from being able to watch even more of next season’s Premier League games with access to Prime Video, BT Sport and Sky Sports all through their TalkTalk TV box.
TalkTalk TV’s launch with Amazon is the latest step in its commitment to providing customers with a seamless viewing experience. With access to a wide range of players, apps, free-to-air and pay TV channels, whether it’s on the set top box or through the TalkTalk TV app, TalkTalk TV provides a marketplace for customers to watch the TV and film they love on their terms. Prime Video joins TalkTalk TV’s burgeoning content offering which includes Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and all major kids’ channels.
Will Ennett, Head of TV Content and Editorial, TalkTalk TV said: “We’re committed to giving our customers more of the TV and film they love by growing our roster of content partners. Amazon Prime Video has captured TV fans with its exciting original series’ and is a fantastic addition to the TalkTalk TV line up, making it even easier for our customers to enjoy the very best entertainment in one place and through just one remote.”
Jay Marine, Vice President, Amazon Prime Video said: “We are excited to make it even easier for Prime members to watch the great TV shows and movies they love. With Good Omens starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant set to launch next month, there’s never been a better time to enjoy a range of original and exclusive programming including Amazon Originals like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Grand Tour and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – as well as our forthcoming exclusive Premier League matches – all coming to customers across the country through TalkTalk TV.”
* Prime Video app is being rolled out on set top boxes over the course of this month
** A Prime video only subscription is normally £5.99/month.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution