Forthnet releases 2018 resultsThursday, April 25th, 2019
Forthnet S.A. has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. At the end of December 2018, Total telecommunication services subscriptions reached 927K, the unique households 669K while LLU customers counted 536K. The Pay TV subscriber base reached 478K customers combining Pay TV retail and wholesale customers in Greece and Cyprus.
Pay TV services
At the end of December 2018 Pay TV retail and wholesale subscriber base stood at 377.3 and 100.3 thousands respectively.
12M 2018 12M 2017 Variance -------- -------- -------- Retail 377,346 419,317 -10.0% Wholesale 100,295 59,007 70.0% Total* 477,641 478,324 -0.1%
* Pay TV Retail customers in Greece and Cyprus and Pay TV wholesale customer in Greece and Cyprus (Vodafone, Wind, Cyta Cyprus, Cablenet, MTN and Primetel).
Innovation and New Services During 2018:
- Emphasized to new on demand services by launching two new services : a. Nova GO Extra, providing access to content through 2nd device (laptop, tablet, smartphone), b. Nova offline viewing, enabling subscribers to download content from Nova GO and watch it at any given time. Additionally, Nova GO was evolved in order to be aligned with the EU services portability regulation.
- Enriched further Nova On Demand and Nova GO services with additional content from Nick Jr, E! entertainment and documentaries from National Geographic and Discovery Channel.
- Moreover, the collection of viewership data from set top boxes that are connected to the internet has started. The collection is done via the platform “AdScribe” which collects viewership data for all types of viewing (Linear, VOD, PVR, for both DTH and DTT). This data enables Nova to further study the viewership habits and to extract actionable insights that will be used to further improve subscriber’s experience.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services