ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power JoynTuesday, July 9th, 2019
Joyn, the ambitious new German streaming service jointly owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery, will benefit from award-winning 3READY Front End UI framework from 3SS
- Following a competitive RFP, Joyn selected 3SS to co-develop Joyn’s unified apps, enabling access to live streams from over 50 TV channels, and to provide system integration services
- Viewers will enjoy Germany’s most diverse array of free TV content with great user experiences on their Web, iOS and Android devices as well as Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung TV
STUTTGART, Germany — 3 Screen Solutions (3SS), leading provider of software solutions for set-top box (STB) and multiscreen digital entertainment, announces being chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the ambitious new entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery.
Joyn (formerly 7TV) features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content, including live TV and catch-up, with live streams from over 50 TV channels. Original series, shows, exclusive previews and other appealing content comprise an extensive on-demand library for Joyn subscribers for viewing on smartphones, tablets, web and smart TVs.
With Joyn, viewers can access a wide variety of content seven days before live TV broadcast and 30 days afterwards on catch-up – just one consumer-centric innovation which Joyn is introducing to the German market for the first time.
3SS custom-developed Joyn’s web front end based on award winning 3READY Front End UI framework. 3SS also supported the Joyn engineering team in the development phase of the Apps for iOS, Android mobile, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV and other smart TV devices.
The Joyn-designed UI features a vibrant color palette and fresh new UI/UX which enables users to enjoy Joyn’s offerings as a personalized and highly intuitive viewing experience.
3SS’ 3READY Web front end framework has an adaptive UI which allowed Joyn to implement its UI designs for Web on the 3READY platform.
“Consumers today need their TV services to be easy-to use, with all viewing choices presented in a unified and engaging way, and making that content easily discoverable and accessible,” said Kai-Christian Borchers, Managing Director of 3SS. “We are proud to have been selected to help Joyn’s audiences watch the service’s huge array of programming wherever they choose, on any device,” he added.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store