M:tel enables HbbTV services with CastoolaMonday, October 21st, 2019
M:tel subscribers enter into a new world of interactivity on TVCG channels
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia — One of the leading Addressable TV solutions & HbbTV services providers, Castoola, has launched HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) portal developed for M:tel Montenegro. HbbTV technology is enriching the interactivity for the viewers and increasing the stickiness and engagement with the M:tel viewers. It is bringing viewers UX at a higher level.
With the press on the red button, M:tel subscribers can enter into a new world of interactivity on TVCG channels and M:tel is the first company in Montenegro offering this kind of service. About 60% of 80.000 subscribers are using smart TVs, and with a good market penetration of smart TVs offered by M:tel, the potential is getting higher and higher every day. With M:tel HbbTV portal, Castoola has combined the best of breeds from linear TV and internet connectivity. The solution is bringing new content to the viewer, and in the future, it would be used for targeted and personalized advertising on TV.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution