PCCW revamps Now TV with ContentWise personalizationMonday, January 11th, 2021
PCCW Media Selects ContentWise To Rebuild Now TV’s Personalization
HONG KONG & MILAN — PCCW Media Limited (PCCW Media), a leading fully integrated multimedia and entertainment company headquartered in Hong Kong, selected ContentWise’s digital experience automation and personalization software, to revamp its IPTV and app user experience personalization infrastructure.
PCCW Media and ContentWise collaborated to build the next generation of Now TV’s services on set-top box and connected apps. PCCW Media’s goal with this new design is to create a one-to-one, personalized relationship with its subscribers, with a particular focus on enhancing the on-screen user experience, simplifying customers’ access to content and boosting viewer engagement.
The implementation involves the integration with ContentWise UX Engine and ContentWise Analytics. UX Engine’s machine learning-powered platform enables PCCW Media to expand the range of Now TV’s personalization and discovery features. More importantly, it establishes a new user experience paradigm, where the dynamic interplay of data driven personalization and assisted editorial input adapts to each subscriber’s intent and tastes.
Some key facts about this collaboration:
- Now TV is the largest pay-TV service in Hong Kong, featuring over 150 channels and dozens of VOD categories, with a wide diversity of TV, movies, kids and live sports content in Cantonese and English.
- ContentWise UX Engine powers a wide range of Now TV’s personalization, recommendation, and user experience features on set-top box and companion multi-screen app.
- New features include a fully personalized home page and use cases designed to simplify content exploration.
- The platform uses AI to strike the optimal balance between algorithmic personalization decisions and editorial input to maximize programming ROI and repeat usage.
Mr. Derek Choi, Head of Pay TV, PCCW Media Limited, said, “Now TV is committed to bringing the best viewing experience to our customers. Empowered by ContentWise, the new-look home screen aggregates all of the live TV and on-demand content that our customers love. It’s an entirely new way to discover the world of entertainment.”
Paolo Bozzola, CEO of ContentWise, said: “I am pleased PCCW Media ultimately decided to work with ContentWise. I am confident we can help PCCW Media in its transition to a bespoke customer experience better than anyone else in the market.”
Links: ContentWise; PCCW
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023