HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and SpainTuesday, October 26th, 2021
HBO Max Goes Live In The Nordics And Spain
- To celebrate the launch, a special month-long promotion has been announced that offers new customers 50% off the monthly price for the lifetime of their subscription
- This is in addition to the new annual subscription that offers all customers 12-months for the price of eight, saving more than 30%
- New pricing has been introduced to offer all customers outstanding value for the best entertainment from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals
MADRID — HBO Max, the streaming platform from WarnerMedia, went live today in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together new and iconic series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals in one place for the first time.
On the day of launch, to offer fans even greater value, a month-long promotion (ending 30th November) has been announced that offers new customers 50% off the standard monthly price for the lifetime of their subscription*. In Spain and Finland, for example, this means new customers will pay just €4.49 a month. This is in addition to the new, already announced annual subscription which offers all customers 12 months’ access for the price of eight.
“HBO Max is now live in six European territories, with 21 more to come in 2022,” said Christina Sulebakk, General Manager, HBO Max EMEA. “As well as bringing together the very best entertainment, movies, kids programming and original series on one streaming platform available on every screen, we are offering customers outstanding value with a once in a lifetime promotion in addition to a new annual subscription, making it easy for customers to enjoy everything they love.”
Brand new Max Originals coming to HBO Max in Europe in the run up until Christmas include the reboot of Gossip Girl, the next chapter of Sex in the City with And Just Like That… and Mindy Kaling’s The Sex Lives of College Girls. New European productions include the award-winning Danish drama Kamikaze, the second season of Norwegian hit Beforeigners, and the return of Juan Carrasco in Venga Juan and Dafne and the Rest.
Top movies coming to HBO Max in the Nordics on launch day include Reminiscence, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, Godzilla vs. Kong and Mortal Kombat. Warner Bros. movies premiere on HBO Max just 45 days after their theatrical release starting this year in the Nordics and next year in Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Iceland and Central and Eastern Europe, including the Baltic nations.
“With the launch in Europe today, HBO Max is now available in 46 territories globally. This is an important milestone as we continue to deliver on our ambition to roll out HBO Max around the world with more territories to come in Europe and Asia next year,” said Johannes Larcher, Head of HBO Max International.
HBO Max will be available to watch on leading devices and platforms, including smart TVs (Samsung, LG and Android TV™), via streaming devices (Apple TV 4K and Google Chromecast™), game consoles (PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S) mobile and tablets (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android™), and online at www.HBOMax.com. HBO Max will also be available through selected TV distribution partners. Customers will be able to pay via major providers (VISA, Mastercard and PayPal) and via in-app purchase (Apple App Store and Google Play Store).
HBO Max offers fans an enhanced viewing experience with new features. These include personalisation with up to five viewer profiles, three concurrent streams and no limit on devices per subscription. Select titles are available in 4K, 5.1 Sound and Dolby Atmos.
* The 50% off promotion is available to new customers only signing up directly on teh HBO Max website, through the Google Play Store for Android devices, and via partners LG, Xbox and PlayStation. It runs from 26th October until 30th November 2021.
HBO Max Monthly & Promotional Offers
Regular Offering Promo Offering Country Monthly Rate Monthly Rate % Discount ------- ---------------- -------------- ---------- Sweden SEK 89.00 SEK 44.50 50% Norway NOK 89.00 NOK 44.50 50% Finland EUR 8.99 EUR 4.49 50% Denmark DKK 79.00 DKK 39.50 50% Spain EUR 8.99 EUR 4.49 50%
Links: HBO Max
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement