ViacomCBS adds 4.3M streaming subscribers in 3Q 2021Thursday, November 4th, 2021
NEW YORK — ViacomCBS has reported its Q3 2021 earnings results.
Global Streaming Highlights
Global streaming subscribers rose to nearly 47M, adding 4.3M subscribers in the quarter.
- Subscriber additions in the quarter were led by Paramount+.
- Domestically, Paramount+ saw strong subscriber sign-ups and engagement from a variety of content, including A Quiet Place Part II, Paw Patrol: The Movie, as well as the start of the NFL season.
- Internationally, Paramount+ launches to date have had strong momentum, led by progress in Latin America, Brazil, Australia and Canada.
- SHOWTIME OTT benefited from originals, including Billions, American Rust and The Chi.
- Announced the signing of SkyShowtime, a joint venture with Comcast that will include premium and original content from both companies.
- SkyShowtime will reach more than 20 European territories encompassing 90 million homes.
Pluto TV revenue grew 99% year-over-year, as MAUs increased to over 54M in the quarter, helped by international growth.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution