Altice USA residential video RGUs down 71,000 in 4Q 2021Wednesday, February 16th, 2022
NEW YORK — Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) today reports results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021.
Accelerated fiber network rollout across Optimum and Suddenlink
Altice USA today announces an acceleration of its fiber deployment strategy over the next four years across its Optimum and Suddenlink footprints, expecting to reach 6.5 million passings by the end of 2025. This new fiber expansion in Suddenlink coupled with the continued fiber build in Optimum will position the Company to pass more than two thirds of its entire footprint with 100% fiber broadband over the next four years, including approximately 2.5 million fiber passings at Suddenlink and 4 million fiber passings at Optimum
Residential Video RGUs
Residential Video RGUs: Quarterly video net losses were -71k in Q4 2021, compared to -74k video net losses in Q4 2020 (vs. -44k net losses in Q4 2019). FY 2021 organic video net losses were -241k, or -229k reported net losses including Morris Broadband acquired video subscribers, compared to -237k organic net losses in FY 2020 (vs. -107k net losses in FY 2019).
Customer Metrics – Residential Customers – Video (in thousands):
Q4-19 Q1-20 Q2-20 Q3-20* Q4-20 Q1-21 Q2-21** Q3-21 Q4-21 ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- 3,179.2 3,137.5 3,102.9 3,035.1 2,961.0 2,906.6 2,870.5 2,803.0 2,732.3
* Since Q3-20, figures include Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey, Inc. acquired subscribers. Q3-20 Service Electric subscribers added 34.4k residential customer relationships, 29.7k broadband, 18.6k video, and 5.9k voice.
** Since Q2-21, figures include Morris Broadband, LLC acquired subscribers. Q2-21 Morris Broadband subscribers added 35.1k residential customer relationships, 30.3k broadband, 12.2k video, and 2.2k voice.
Links: Altice USA
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics