ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21Thursday, June 30th, 2022
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s Premium SVOD Tier, Debuts on July 21
- The SVOD offering of the Spanish-language service will be available in the U.S and Latin America; monthly price in the U.S. is $6.99 and in Mexico MX$119
- ViX+ Originals available at launch include premium series “María Félix, La Doña,” “La Mujer del Diablo,” and “Mi Vecino El Cartel”
- Exclusive film premieres on July that can only be found on ViX+: “Mirreyes contra Godinez 2, ‘El Retiro’” and “Enfermo Amor”
- Live soccer matches and coverage in the U.S. and Mexico of world’s top leagues and tournaments
MIAMI — TelevisaUnivision Inc., the world’s leading Spanish-language media and content company, today announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America, with a monthly price of $6.99 in the U.S. and MX$119 in Mexico. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, the first large-scale global streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world launched in March this year, and will give subscribers access to the broadest, most premium Spanish-language content ever offered on an SVOD service, featuring more than 10,000 hours of ad-free premium entertainment programming in its first year, and up to 7,000 hours of live sports.
Consumers in the U.S., Mexico, and the majority of Spanish-speaking countries of Latin America will be able to enjoy over 70 ViX+ Original series and movies in the first year, which represents, on average, at least one new, original premiere per week. Exclusive premium original series available at launch include “María Felix, La Doña,” “La Mujer del Diablo,” and “Mi Vecino El Cartel,” which is executive produced by Selena Gomez. ViX+ subscribers will also be able to watch global premieres of highly anticipated movies that will premiere and be exclusively available on ViX+ in July, such as “Mirreyes contra Godinez 2, ‘El Retiro’” and “Enfermo Amor.”
Subscribers in the U.S., Mexico, and the rest of Latin America where the service is available will have the opportunity to experience ViX+ through a free 7-day trial. ViX+ will be available in all top platforms including Apple iOS and tvOS, Android mobile and Android TV OS devices, and all major streaming devices, TVs, and via the web on vixplus.com, with more platforms to be announced soon.
“ViX+ will bring premium storytelling that raises the bar for Spanish-language content,” said Pierluigi Gazzolo, President and Chief Transformation Officer of TelevisaUnivision. “With the launch of ViX+, Spanish-language viewers will finally have a subscription streaming service with content that authentically reflects our culture. Together, ViX and ViX+ complement each other to create the largest Spanish-language streaming service in the world, with more than 50,000 hours of content and two experiences in one app, filling an important gap given there are nearly 600 million Spanish speakers around the globe.”
ViX+ will leverage TelevisaUnivision’s extensive intellectual property, production capabilities and deep library, as well as the works developed by master Spanish-language creators and storytellers such as Salma Hayek Pinault, Eugenio Derbez, Maria Dueñas, Selena Gomez, Mario Vargas Llosa, Santiago Limón, Leonardo Padrón, and Marc Cistaré.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023