Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVsMonday, September 26th, 2022
Spectrum TV App Launches on XClass TV
- XClass TV Joins Growing List of Ways Customers Can Enjoy Spectrum TV on Connected Devices
STAMFORD, Conn. — Charter Communications, Inc. today announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV, giving customers even more options for viewing live and On Demand content.
“We are focused on providing more choice to our customers by constantly enhancing the Spectrum TV App and expanding its reach,” said Jodi Robinson, Charter’s Executive Vice President of Digital Platforms. “Providing the app on XClass TV shows our commitment to delivering service wherever and whenever our customers want.”
XClass TVs, currently sold at Walmart retail stores and Walmart.com, are available in 50-inch and 43-inch screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution. The Spectrum TV App is now automatically available on every XClass TV and can be launched by saying “Spectrum TV” into the included voice remote or by finding it within the device’s app menu. Customers will be auto-authenticated when the TV is connected to their Spectrum home network and can immediately begin enjoying their Spectrum TV lineup.
The Spectrum TV App is the most-viewed streaming service* in the U.S. on an hours-per-household basis and the highest-rated pay TV streaming app** in the country. With the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV, customers can access their full channel lineup and thousands of On Demand shows and movies. They can also take advantage of Spectrum’s Cloud DVR service.
Available to all Spectrum TV customers at no additional cost, the Spectrum TV App is also available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Google Chromecast and Samsung Smart TVs.
* “Most-viewed streaming service” claim based on measurement of Average Hours Per HH per Month for Spectrum TV App vs. top streaming providers as measured on connected TVs, gaming consoles and streaming devices (Source: Comscore OTT Intelligence Report 2021 and through July 2022)
** “Highest-rated pay TV streaming app” claim based on iOS (App Store) and Android (Google Play) average ratings as of September 1, 2022. Apps must have at least 150k reviews through combination of iOS & Android store reviews as of September 1, 2022.
Links: Charter Communications
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028