Altice USA residential video RGUs down 52,800 in 4Q 2022Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023
NEW YORK — Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) today reports results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2022.
Key Operational Highlights
Fiber Broadband Primary Service Units (PSUs): Quarterly FTTH broadband net additions were +36k in Q4 2022, more than three times the growth compared to Q4 2021 (+11k). Fiber broadband net adds were +102k in FY 2022 driven by both higher fiber gross additions and increased migrations of existing customers. Total fiber broadband customers reached 172k as of the end of FY 2022.
Total unique Residential customer relationships declined -2.9% YoY in Q4 2022. Quarterly unique Residential customer net losses in the quarter were -16k, compared to -13k in Q4 2021. Unique Residential customer net losses were -134k in FY 2022, compared to -51k organic net losses in FY 2021.
- Residential Broadband PSUs: Quarterly Residential broadband net losses were -8k in Q4 2022, compared to -2k broadband net losses in Q4 2021. Residential broadband net losses were -103k in FY 2022, compared to -3k organic net losses in FY 2021.
- Residential Video PSUs: Quarterly Residential video net losses were -53k in Q4 2022, compared to -71k video net losses in Q4 2021. Residential video net losses were -293k in FY 2022, compared to -241k organic net losses in 2021.
Residential KPIs – Video – In thousands (unaudited)
Q1-21 Q2-21 Q3-21 Q4-21 Q1-22 Q2-22 Q3-22 Q4-22 ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- Total 2,906.6 2,870.5 2,803.0 2,732.3 2,658.7 2,574.2 2,491.8 2,439.0 Net additions (54.5) (36.1) (67.5) (70.7) (73.6) (84.5) (82.4) (52.8)
Links: Altice USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement