Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming servicesTuesday, March 28th, 2023
Ateme Launches NextGen Statmux Bringing 20% Efficiency Gains in NextGen TV
- NextGen Statmux brings 20% efficiency gains over existing solutions, enabling operators to add an extra service – even in UHD
- Expressly engineered for ATSC 3.0 and other IP-based services
- NextGen Statmux also enables efficient Datacasting
PARIS, France — Ateme, a global leader in video compression and delivery solutions, today announced the launch of NextGen Statmux, designed for NextGen TV and other IP-based streaming services. This technology enables 20% greater efficiency in video delivery over existing solutions, making it possible to add an extra service – even in UHD – in the same statistical multiplex / digital headend.
The new NextGen Statmux is designed to work with the NextGen TV standard ATSC 3.0. Typically, statmux solutions are in a transport stream environment and separated from the IP streaming delivery. By combining these two environments, Ateme is able to create an integrated, end-to-end statmux, from encoding to multicast, with dynamic statmux allocation. This creates greater efficiencies and eliminates the need for padding, thereby enabling zero null packets. With its increased efficiency, NextGen Statmux optimizes resource consumption, contributing to reduced carbon emissions.
Moreover, NextGen Statmux can be optimized with a reduced statmux bandwidth to enable Datacasting in the NextGen TV environment.
Julien Mandel, Senior Marketing Director, Contribution and Distribution at Ateme, said, “Ateme’s NextGen Statmux maximizes efficiency, enabling more channel choice for viewers, while maintaining the ability to provide exciting interactive features and monetization opportunities with Datacasting. We look forward to demonstrating it at NAB 2023.”
NextGen Statmux will be on display at NAB 2023 in booth W1517 (demo: NextGen TV), from April 16th to 19th.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store