Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific regionThursday, March 30th, 2023
Mixed fortunes for Asia Pacific pay TV
Asia Pacific pay TV revenues will reach $26 billion by 2028 – $1.6 billion less than 2022. Pay TV revenues will fall in 10 countries, including Japan (down by $889 million) and China (down by $309 million), between 2022 and 2028. Conversely, India will add $153 million.
Simon Murray, Principal Analyst at Digital TV Research, said: “IPTV revenues will overtake digital cable in 2023. IPTV revenues will climb by $481 million between 2022 to 2028 to $11.26 billion.”
Digital cable will lose $1.15 billion between 2022 and 2028, with analog cable down by $382 million. Satellite TV will also fall – by $494 million.
Links: Digital TV Research
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace