Pixalate releases H1'23 APAC mobile/CTV market reportWednesday, August 2nd, 2023
Pixalate’s H1 2023 APAC Market Trends Report For Mobile and Connected TV (CTV): 20% Invalid Traffic (IVT) Rate in APAC Across Google, Apple Mobile App Stores
- New research into the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region across the mobile and Connected TV (CTV) landscapes finds that Apple is the most popular mobile device while Samsung leads in CTV device market share
LONDON — Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, today released the H1 2023 APAC Market and IVT Report for Mobile and CTV.
The report evaluates the state of the mobile and CTV marketplaces in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, including device market share, app developer growth, and invalid traffic (IVT) and ad fraud trends. The report also reveals the top APAC mobile app developers across the Google Play Store and Apple App Store based on estimated open programmatic ad revenue and details CTV ad spend trends across the Samsung Smart TV app store, Roku Channel Store, and Amazon Fire TV app store.
- 34% of global mobile in-app open programmatic ad spend goes to apps registered in the APAC region (Google Play Store and Apple App Store)
- 15% year-over-year rise in open programmatic CTV ad spend in the APAC region (Q123 vs. Q122)
- 42% mobile device market share for Apple iPhone; Samsung and Oppo are tied for second with 12%
- 23% CTV device market share for Samsung; Chromecast is second with 12%
- 20% invalid traffic (IVT) rate in APAC in June 2023, including ad fraud