Canoe, DIRECTV and DISH expand addressable advertising to satelliteTuesday, October 17th, 2023
Canoe Partners with DIRECTV Advertising and DISH Media to Expand Addressable Advertising Footprint onto Satellite
- AMC Networks and Warner Brothers Discovery are the launch partners for addressable enablement.
- Expansion marks the creation of the largest aggregated addressable advertising footprint in the U.S for national programmers.
NEW YORK — Canoe Ventures, an advertising technology and services company, today announced that it has partnered with DIRECTV Advertising and DISH Media to expand its addressable advertising footprint to include satellite households.
AMC Networks and Warner Brothers Discovery have signed on as inaugural partners to introduce this new capability that integrates satellite households onto Canoe’s addressable advertising solution.
The expansion is notable as Canoe now provides national programmers access to the largest, aggregated, addressable advertising footprint in the U.S, with more than 54 million homes.
The technologies and capabilities resulting from this integration provide several key industry benefits to national programmers, mainly scale, efficiency and a more streamlined campaign workflow. Working in partnership with Canoe, DIRECTV Advertising and DISH Media, programmers can now seamlessly extend their campaign and operational workflow processes – spanning audience onboarding, campaign management, order entry and reporting– in a more simplified way, resulting in a unified and easier methodology of navigating across different interfaces, systems and technologies for executing addressable TV.
Key features of this integration include:
- National programmers are now able to run Canoe addressable campaigns on linear as well as video on demand (VOD) inventory across an aggregate footprint spanning satellite and cable.
- In the spirit of simplicity, Canoe’s unified workflow allows programmers to build an audience, pitch creatives and define a campaign’s parameters once, reducing and eliminating redundancies and inefficiencies in the process. Canoe ensures all endpoints receive the necessary assets and instructions for successfully launching and executing a campaign.
- Canoe is now working with the new partners’ ad server technology company, Invidi, to create an integration that allows programmers to easily execute addressable advertising campaigns across all of the multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) in the U.S. at once.
“In the intricate world of MVPDs, each endpoint has distinct, and sometimes complex, nuances. We’re excited to team up with DIRECTV Advertising and DISH Media to empower programmers to run addressable advertising campaigns in a more streamlined manner, with even greater efficiency and simplicity, in today’s fragmented and complicated TV ad landscape,” said David Porter, CEO, Canoe Ventures.
“We applaud Canoe for helping to drive scale in the addressable advertising space,” said Tim Myers, Head of Strategy, Products, and Enterprise Partnerships, DISH Media. “The addition of satellite households means programmers can now offer a true national addressable solution with a unified workflow, providing more value and reach for marketers.”
“Whether your goal is to reduce waste, manage frequency or extend reach, there is no doubt that addressable advertising works,” said Matt Van Houten, SVP, Product, Business Development at DIRECTV Advertising. “We’re looking forward to this new partnership with Canoe, which will provide programmers with more inventory and households, translating to greater value, scale and reach for marketers.”