Iliad ends Q1 with 4.3 million subscribersWednesday, May 6th, 2009
PARIS — With 4,337,000 subscribers and a market share above 25% at 31 March 2009, the Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) strengthened its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator in France.
- Over the first quarter 2009, the Free brand confirmed its outstanding dynamics by recruiting 142,000 new subscribers under the Free brand, net of cancellations, compared to 137,000 in the 1st quarter 2008. Free’s market share of new ADSL subscribers was 27.3% in the 1st quarter 2009, compared to 21.8% in 2008. At 31 March, Free had a subscriber base of 3,531,000 subscribers.
- In accordance with its integration plan for the Alice operations, the Group continued over the 1st quarter to implement its policy of streamlining Alice’s offers and migrating subscribers to Free’s network, which resulted in a modest decrease in the subscriber base. Alice thus had a subscriber base of 806,000 at 31 March 2009.
Iliad enhanced the attractiveness of its offers throughout the first quarter, with in particular:
- The inclusion of 17 new destinations in the Freebox package (January 2009)
- The launch of a new AliceBox (February 2009)
- Additional services to the AliceBox offer: increased speeds, 27 new destinations and 70 new TV channels (February 2009)
- An enhanced Freebox TV package, with 28 new channels (March 2009).
More: Earnings Release