Iliad adds 146k subscribers in 1H09Tuesday, August 4th, 2009
PARIS — Over the 1st half-year 2009, Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) consolidated its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator, due to the dynamism of the Free brand and the integration of Alice. At 30 June 2009, Iliad’s ADSL had a total of 4,371,000 subscribers, compared with 3,134,000 at 30 June 2008.
- Over the 1st half-year 2009, Free confirmed its dynamic organic growth by recruiting 200,000 new subscribers (net of terminations), resulting in a market share of 24.8% of net adds. The Free subscriber base totalled 3,589,000 at 30 June 2009. Free’s customer acquisition cost is still the lowest of the market.
- Since the start of 2009, the Group has continued the rapid integration of Alice, by simplifying and repositioning its marketing offering, launching the new Alicebox and switching follow-up of Alice subscribers over to the Free IT system. The implementation of the first synergies came at the same time as the subscriber base suffered controlled decline. Alice thus had a subscriber base of 782,000 at 30 June 2009.
Iliad enhanced the attractiveness of its offering throughout the second quarter especially through:
- The launch of the largest African TV channel package in Europe (April 2009)
- The launch of a mediacenter service for the Freebox (May 2009)
- The launch of Free-Wifi (May 2009)
ADSL broadband subscribers:
30 June 08 31 Dec. 08 30 June 09 ---------- ---------- ---------- Total 3,134,000 4,225,000 4,371,000 - Free 3,134,000 3,389,000 3,589,000 - Alice - 836,000 782,000
Detailed information of the half-year financial statements will be released at the presentation of half-year results on 27 August 2009.
More: Earnings Release