Israel's yes adds 2k subscribers in 2Q09Wednesday, August 5th, 2009
TEL AVIV, Israel — Bezeq – The Israel Telecommunication Corp., Limited (TASE: BEZQ), Israel’s leading telecommunications provider, announced today its financial results for the second quarter of 2009 and the six months ended June 30, 2009.
Bezeq’s ‘yes’ multi-channel pay-TV segment launched its yes MaxHD television service during the second quarter of 2009, providing upgrade subscribers DVR services capable of simultaneously recording two shows in High Definition. yes ended the quarter with 13,000 yes MaxHD subscribers, and grew its total customer base by 2.0% year-over-year to 562,000 subscribers as of June 30, 2009, up 11,000 subscribers from the year ago period and up 2,000 subscribers sequentially.
Number of subscribers (end of period, in thousands):
Q2 2009 Q2 2008 Change ------- ------- ------- 562 551 2.0%
More: Earnings Releases
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak