Digital TV News: Grupo PRISA
Canal+ Spain subscribers down 28,500 in 1Q 2013
May 9, 2013 – Spain's Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2013. Satellite (Canal+) subscribers fell during the first quarter of the year by 28,350, impacted by the weakness of the economic environment and domestic consumption.
News categories: Grupo Prisa, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
Nagra powers Over-The-Top Service for Spain's leading pay-TV operator DIGITAL+
Feb 10, 2011 – Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) and Spain's DIGITAL+ have announced the launch of 'DIGITAL+ a la carta', an Over-The-Top VOD and linear TV service powered and secured by Nagra and available to subscribers of the DIGITAL+ satellite service.
News categories: Nagra, Grupo PRISA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Streaming
CANAL+ Dos to launch on DTT in Spain
Aug 16, 2010 – Sogecable (Madrid: PRS) will launch CANAL+ Dos on digital terrestrial TV in Spain on August 23rd. The channel will be priced at €15 per month.
News categories: Sogecable, Spain, Terrestrial
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV