Digital TV News: Virtual Australia
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Samba TV and The Trade Desk extend partnership to Australia
Mar 17, 2020 – Samba TV and The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD) have announced the expansion of their partnership to Australia. The integration of Samba TV’s data in The Trade Desk platform will provide Australian clients with cross screen planning and targeting capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, The Trade Desk, Dan Ackerman, James Bayes, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV
First Total TV findings released by Virtual Australia (VOZ)
Feb 27, 2020 – In the first stage of a phased rollout, OzTAM, Regional TAM and Nielsen have released top line findings from the new Virtual Australia (VOZ) Total TV database, which brings together broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices.
News categories: Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
OzTAM adds demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement service
Feb 28, 2019 – OzTAM has announced the introduction of demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement (VPM) service. The enhancement means standard age/gender demographic reporting is now available for content consumed on participating broadcasters’ VOD services.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
OzTAM introduces Australia's first all-screen integrated TV database
Jul 30, 2018 – Australia will have an integrated database that will combine broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices, and support advanced audience targeting, with the launch of OzTAM’s new service, Virtual Australia (VOZ) in 2019.
News categories: OzTAM, Nielsen, Doug Peiffer, David Ellem, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic