Multi 'X' Solutions the Focus for EchoStar Europe at IBC2011Wednesday, September 7th, 2011
EchoStar (hall 1, stand F76) to promote the benefits of multi-room, multi-device and multi-screen to telco & TV operators at IBC2011, providing cost effective set-top box product solutions to increase subscriber revenues and reduce churn
STEETON, United Kingdom — EchoStar Europe (NASDAQ:SATS), a leading supplier of added-value, connected device solutions to the digital TV industry, announced today that at IBC2011 it will showcase an array of products that will enable pay TV operators to exploit the potential of IP connectivity and expand their business models towards new markets. Showing alongside a comprehensive portfolio of connected devices for cable, satellite and IP operators will be ‘complementary’ and fully integrated multi-room, multi-device and multi-screen solutions for whole home DVR, over-the-top (OTT) TV and multi-screen content delivery.
Showcasing in Hall 1, stand F76:
- A new and innovative range of advanced and cost effective connected devices, including STBs and DVRs for pay TV operators ready for whole home DVR, with OTT TV apps and services.
- New 320GB Mercury Ultra Slim DVR – believed to be the thinnest hybrid DVR in the world.
- A new Android™-based STB that will enable operators to extend services over IP for-multi room delivery, whilst enriching their service portfolios by providing access to a vast array of apps.
- Various operator centric ‘TV Anywhere’ solutions including integrated SlingLoaded® technology and whole home DVR using industry standards and protocols – such as DLNA® and HbbTV®.
- A preview of Move Networks’ adaptive bitrate technology that is set to enhance the delivery of IP delivered services across both managed and unmanaged networks.
Providing a multi-screen focus will be Sling Media’s pioneering place-shifting solutions which enable consumers to watch their TV on their favourite mobile devices including iPad, iPhone and Android™-based smart phones and tablets. With many industry commentators predicting that multi-screen and OTT TV is set to provide the focus at IBC2011, Rhod Williams, General Manager, EchoStar Europe is confident in EchoStar’s position. “As a pioneer in TV Anywhere, we’ve been heavily focussed on multi-screen delivery through our wholly owned subsidiary Sling Media,” said Williams. “We launched our first fully integrated SlingLoaded DVR with OTT apps in March this year, achieving great accolades in the UK media. We continue to focus on bringing further solutions to market including whole home DVR using DLNA and connected TV to the HbbTV standard. EchoStar’s recent acquisition of Move Networks has strengthened our position by augmenting our high level of expertise in IP technologies to include adaptive bitrate streaming which will enhance the delivery of content and services over IP.”
Alongside IP-based software solutions will be a number of exciting connected devices including Mercury, believed to be the world’s slimmest hybrid DVR, a new Android™-based IP STB debuting at the show and an advanced Multimedia Home Gateway for cable operators.
Links: EchoStar Europe