Digital TV News: TalkTalk
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year – making TalkTalk TV the UK’s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
TalkTalk connects 80,000 TV subscribers in first three months since launch
Feb 5, 2013 — TalkTalk has released results for the third quarter of its 2012/13 financial year. The launch of TalkTalk's TV proposition saw 80,000 subscribers connected in the first three months. Installation capacity has been increased to 10,000 per week.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Broadcom® Set-Top Box Technology Powers YouView Innovations
Sep 7, 2012 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its set-top box technology is being deployed by YouView in the UK. YouView features a program guide combining live TV, VoD, DVR content and Catch-up TV, including the ability to scroll back seven days to watch missed shows.
News categories: Broadcom, YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
TalkTalk offers free YouView STB to premium broadband subscribers
Jul 26, 2012 — TalkTalk (LSE:TALK) has announced that for no additional monthly cost, its Plus customers will receive a free set top box, access to all YouView content, the TalkTalk Player, 12 months free subscription to LOVEFiLM Instant, unlimited calls and unlimited data downloads.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 — YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 — YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
UK's TalkTalk to build new network to deliver digital on-demand TV
Oct 20, 2010 — Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with TalkTalk (LSE:TALK), the biggest provider of broadband to Britain’s homes, to build a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TalkTalk, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, UK
Ocean Blue planning YouView software solution
Oct 19, 2010 — Ocean Blue is working with an Asian set top box manufacturer to develop a full solution for YouView -- the soon-to-be-launched video platform backed by the BBC, ITV, Channel Four, Five, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva -- to be released early 2011.
News categories: Ocean Blue, YouView, Digital TV, Home Networking, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps