Digital TV News: TalkTalk
TalkTalk adds 167,000 TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced Half Year Interim Results for the 6 months to 30 September 2013. The company added 167,000 net new customers to its TV base, with a quarter of these customers new to TalkTalk, taking the total to 557,000.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
UK's TalkTalk introduces lower cost YouView set-top box
Sep 25, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced the launch of its Essentials TV proposition, which gives viewers access to catch up TV via a smaller, lower cost YouView set top box, for just 7.50 GBP per month.
News categories: TalkTalk, Dido Harding, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
UK's TalkTalk adds 160,000 YouView subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – TalkTalk signed up 160,000 new TV subscribers to its YouView service in the three months to end June taking the total number of TV customers on the company's network to 390,000 in that period.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
UK's YouView heads towards 400,000 homes
May 30, 2013 – YouView has announced that it is on its way to reaching 400,000 homes across the UK, 8 months after launch. The subscription-free service also released on demand viewing statistics showing over 2.2 million video on demand (VOD) plays per week.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 – TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year - making TalkTalk TV the UK's fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
TalkTalk connects 80,000 TV subscribers in first three months since launch
Feb 5, 2013 – TalkTalk has released results for the third quarter of its 2012/13 financial year. The launch of TalkTalk's TV proposition saw 80,000 subscribers connected in the first three months. Installation capacity has been increased to 10,000 per week.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Broadcom® Set-Top Box Technology Powers YouView Innovations
Sep 7, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its set-top box technology is being deployed by YouView in the UK. YouView features a program guide combining live TV, VoD, DVR content and Catch-up TV, including the ability to scroll back seven days to watch missed shows.
News categories: Broadcom, YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
TalkTalk offers free YouView STB to premium broadband subscribers
Jul 26, 2012 – TalkTalk (LSE:TALK) has announced that for no additional monthly cost, its Plus customers will receive a free set top box, access to all YouView content, the TalkTalk Player, 12 months free subscription to LOVEFiLM Instant, unlimited calls and unlimited data downloads.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV