Digital TV News: Civolution
Optimal and Civolution offer TV-synced ads via Facebook Exchange
Oct 23, 2013 – Civolution and Optimal have announced a partnership allowing brands and agencies to buy Facebook ads in complete synchronization with TV commercials.
News categories: Civolution, Optimal, Inc, Rob Leathern, Alex Terpstra, Advertising, Digital TV, Social TV
Civolution and Broadcom make Automatic Advertisement Recognition available for Set-top Boxes
Apr 9, 2013 – Civolution has announced the integration of its Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology with STB chipsets from Broadcom. ACR includes, for example, the automatic recognition of broadcast advertisements, thereby enabling companies to trigger synchronized and interactive calls-to-action on the TV screen.
News categories: Civolution, Broadcom, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HyperTV and Civolution Provide Social Media Gaming to Sky Italia
Oct 9, 2012 – HyperTV and Civolution have announced their platform was recently chosen by Sky Italia to engage viewers with the first ever social media gaming experience related to X Factor 2012.
News categories: Civolution, HyperTV, Apps, Italy, Satellite, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Civolution Presents Next Generation Multi-Platform Media Applications at IBC 2012
Jul 31, 2012 – Civolution has announced that it will unveil a new and enhanced line-up across its digital watermarking and fingerprinting technology solutions portfolio at IBC 2012.
News categories: Civolution, Content Protection, IBCShow, Watermarking
SeaChange and Civolution Enable Premium VOD for North American Cable Operators
May 21, 2012 – SeaChange (Nasdaq: SEAC) and Civolution have announced that they have created a solution to enable cable operators to offer premium VOD content to their subscribers. The solution is currently being deployed by a large North American cable operator.
News categories: SeaChange, Civolution, Cable TV, Content Protection, North America, The Cable Show
Microsoft Announces Media Services Platform and Architectural Guidance for the Cloud
Apr 16, 2012 – At NAB 2012, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced new media services and guidance to enable content providers and customers to realize the power of cloud computing.
News categories: Microsoft, Azure Media Services, Infrastructure, NABShow, OTT
SeaChange and Civolution Announce Partnership for NexGuard Video Watermarking to Enable Premium VOD for Cable Services
Jun 22, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) and Civolution have announced a collaboration to offer NexGuard forensic watermarking for premium VOD, critical for cable operators looking to launch Home Premiere services.
News categories: Civolution, SeaChange, Cable TV, Content Protection, The Cable Show, Watermarking
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal