Digital TV News: Digital TV Research
Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
Nov 26, 2013 – Telcos and cable operators are investing heavily in their networks to upgrade their subscribers to bundles. These operators will reap the rewards of this investment as total subscription revenues will increase by 65% from $124 billion in 2012 to $205 billion in 2018, according to the Triple-Play Forecasts report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Liberty Global extends its dominance in Europe
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
International channels to earn $5.5 billion by 2018
Oct 23, 2013 – Viacom ($749 million) will reap the highest revenues of any international channel group in Europe in 2013, according to this report covering 225 international channels/networks, released by Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Online TV & video to generate $35 billion by 2018
Oct 16, 2013 – Global online TV and video revenues (over fixed broadband networks) will reach $34.99 billion in 2018, a massive increase from the $3.98 billion recorded in 2010 and the $15.94 billion expected in 2013, according to the Online TV and Video Forecasts report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Massive boom forecast for connected TV
Oct 9, 2013 – The number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach 759 million by 2018 for the 40 countries covered in the Connected TV Forecasts report, up from 115 million at end-2010 and the 307 million expected at end-2013.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Discovery Channel has widest distribution in Europe
Sep 11, 2013 – The Discovery Channel is the widest distributed network in Europe, according to a new report from Digital TV Research covering 270 international channels/networks across 212 major operators in 43 EMEA countries.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
IPTV in 10% of global TV households by 2018
Sep 4, 2013 – Covering 97 countries, the number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 167 million by end-2018, up from 69 million at end-2012 and from only 13 million at end-2008, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Europe holds back full global TV ad recovery
Aug 28, 2013 – Global TV advertising expenditure will reach $219 billion in 2018 for the 55 countries covered in the TV Advertising Forecasts report from Digital TV Research, up by 32% - or $53 billion - from 2012.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households