Digital TV News: ITV
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Neale Dennett, Jason Keane, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
TalkTalk adds 167,000 TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced Half Year Interim Results for the 6 months to 30 September 2013. The company added 167,000 net new customers to its TV base, with a quarter of these customers new to TalkTalk, taking the total to 557,000.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Horry Telephone to deploy Minerva service management platform
Oct 23, 2013 – Minerva Networks has announced that Horry Telephone Cooperative (HTC) has selected Minerva’s iTVFusion platform to power its next generation in-home video service. HTC will be able to offer its subscribers new features including whole home DVR, interactive EPG, and multiscreen services.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Horry Telephone, Brent Groome, Mauro Bonomi, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cubiware partners with STB maker Sinwatec to create Pay TV solution for Russia
Sep 14, 2013 – Cubiware has announced the launch of a middleware licensing agreement with Sinwatec. Formerly known as Promsvyaz, Sinwatec manufactures a line of set-top boxes for IPTV, cable, terrestrial, and media player applications.
News categories: Cubiware, Jakub Górski, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
'Freesat HD with freetime' box from Humax launches in UK
Sep 12, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a new Freesat HD with freetime box. The freetime box is manufactured by Humax and will be available to buy from the 12th of September.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with TiVo® Cloud service
Sep 12, 2013 – Cubiware and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that they are demonstrating a prototype of a CubiTV and TiVo Cloud Services integration on thin client Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) from Evolution Digital during IBC 2013 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Evolution Digital, Jakub Górski, Joe Weber, Brent Smith, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia to demo hybrid end-to-end cable solution at IBC 2013
Sep 11, 2013 – SoftAtHome, Zappware and Kaonmedia have teamed up to demonstrate a hybrid end-to-end cable platform allowing viewers to zap between cable and OTT content. The companies will offer demonstrations of their HEVC enabled platform during IBC 2013.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Zappware, Kaon, Patrick Vos, Michel Degland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification