nTelos Launches the New Generation of TelevisionMonday, October 15th, 2007
Digital-quality picture and sound at no extra charge plus free high-definition channels distinguish nTelos television services
WAYNESBORO, Va. — nTelos announces the new generation of television is now available to a number of residents of Botetourt and Augusta counties and Waynesboro. Powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, Microsoft’s award-winning multimedia software platform, nTelos Video provides an alternative to cable and satellite TV, offering video entertainment services with more than 200 all-digital channels and 18 high-definition channels at no extra charge.
“We look forward to providing innovative video services and to giving our customers an excellent choice for television programming,” said nTelos Wireline President David Maccarelli. “Powered by Microsoft – one of the strongest brands in the world and the leading provider of advanced digital television solutions – nTelos Video provides an outstanding digital TV and entertainment experience for our customers.”
Available in residential neighborhoods where homes are passed by nTelos fiber, nTelos Video features:
- Up to 250 channels including local network affiliates (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS)
- Digital-quality picture and sound at no extra charge
- Free high-definition channels and no equipment change when customers upgrade to a HD television
- First two set-top boxes* and remotes provided free of charge – Low-cost Digital Video Recorder (DVR) services integrated into one set-top box
- Easy-to-use parental controls
- Competitive prices with the ability to pick and choose additional programming packages – sports, Encore, movies (Showtime Unlimited, HBO-The Works, Starz, Multimax), music and more
- Technical support from a local company available 24 hours-per-day, seven days-per-week
- Additional savings with multi-service discounts by combining nTelos Video with nTelos unlimited local and long distance service plans, Broadband XL (high-speed Internet access over fiber), and/or wireless services
- The convenience of all services on one bill.
Fiber to the Home is the most advanced technology available today for broadband and video services. nTelos began deploying Fiber to the Home to allow customers to take advantage of emerging services and applications that require increased bandwidth. This fiber connection carries signals as digital pulses of light and allows nTelos to deliver video, local and long distance telephone services plus Internet access at speeds up to 20 megabits per second (Mbps). Fiber to the Home is part of the nTelos ongoing commitment to provide advanced services to its customers through the deployment of leading-edge technologies.
Customers interested in nTelos Video or Broadband XL, nTelos’ extra-fast Internet access service, should contact nTelos at 1-800-262-2200 or stop by the nTelos retail stores in Daleville or Waynesboro for a demonstration.
* First two non- DVR set-top boxes are provided free of charge