Imagination's Ensigma UCCP330 delivers global broadcast TV demodulation plus Wi-Fi and BluetoothTuesday, January 10th, 2012
Unique RPU design enables single chip global connected TV, radio and much more
LAS VEGAS — 2012 International CES — Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG), a leading multimedia and communications technologies company, is demonstrating in silicon its latest Ensigma UCCP Series3 IP platform, a complete, licensable solution for world TV standard demodulation plus Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, at CES 2012 in Las Vegas.
Imagination’s Ensigma UCCP IP platforms solve the ever-growing problem of proliferating broadcast and connectivity standards by supporting them all on a single engine, and enabling them to be integrated onto SoCs for lowest system cost. UCCP is a complete multi-standard radio processing unit (RPU) IP platform that enables SoC designers to integrate one or more RPUs on-chip to deliver production ready implementations of the industry’s broadest array of TV and radio standards as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, satisfying the increasingly diverse communications needs of an ever growing number of connected consumer and mobile devices.
The latest version of this IP platform, the Ensigma UCCP330, delivers:
- Global Digital TV – including ATSC (8VSB), QAM (J.83B), DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, ISDB-T, ISDB-C, ISDB-S, SBTVD, CTTB, and mobile TV standards including DVB-H, T-DMB, 1-seg ISDB-T
- Global Digital Radio – including DAB, DAB+, DMB-R and FM with RDS, ISDB-Tmm, ISDB-Tsb and now HD Radio Technology
- Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth
UCCP is a multi-standard baseband processor – one IP core for all radio, TV and connectivity standards. At the heart of all UCCPs lies the Ensigma UCC (universal communications core), a fully programmable processor combined with highly configurable hardware that”¨delivers a uniquely optimized balance of programmability and hardware configurability. It occupies equivalent or less silicon area compared to hard-wired, single-standard hardware solutions, using a sophisticated combination of hardware and software to create a powerful and flexible yet ultra-low power architecture.
Tony King-Smith, VP marketing, Imagination says: “Imagination’s RPU approach is seen as the ‘next wave’ of SoC integration following GPU integration on-chip – an area that Imagination leads with its PowerVR graphics IP cores. The Ensigma UCCP330 platform delivers implementations of more than 20 standards all verified to the highest performance levels and fully production-ready. UCCP is the ideal solution for next-generation SoCs powering devices such as DTVs, STBs, in-car communications or mobile phones or tablets enabling world TV, world radio, communications, connectivity or any combination of the above.”
Ensigma UCC technology has already shipped in tens of millions of devices. The Ensigma UCCP330 IP platform is available for licensing now.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland