CES2023 (International CES 2023): January 5-8, 2023: Las Vegas, NV and Digital
Cinemo to showcase in-vehicle infotainment portfolio at MWC 2023
Feb 23, 2023 – At MWC 2023, Cinemo will be showcasing example use cases to demonstrate how its technology is being used in in-vehicle aftermarket infotainment, connected health and fitness devices, and digital signage.
News categories: Cinemo, Tristan Kleiner, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
63% of U.S. internet households own a Smart TV
Jan 13, 2023 – Parks Associates research shows 63% of U.S. internet households own a smart TV, up from 38% in 2015. The company's OTT Video Market Tracker highlights how companies like Roku have transformed the role of the TV in the home.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Sharp to offer six TV models equipped with Roku OS in the U.S.
Jan 5, 2023 – Sharp will release three models of its flagship AQUOS XLED 4K TV in U.S. in spring of 2023. At the same time, it will introduce to the U.S. market six other TV models all equipped with the Roku smart TV OS.
News categories: Sharp Corp, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Cinemo shows digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud
Jan 5, 2023 – Cinemo creates digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud, placing media control firmly with the user. A new partnership with Telechips enables in-car VoD and multi-screen-usage for entry- to mid-level cars.
News categories: Cinemo, Telechips, Richard Lesser, Jangkyu Lee, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
LG TVs gain expanded selection of gamer-centric services
Jan 7, 2023 – LG is demonstrating its commitment to gaming on TV with a webOS UI update that features a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of Amazon Luna cloud gaming, and streaming gameplay at 4K 60fps via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX
Saankhya Labs exhibits solutions at CES 2023
Jan 6, 2023 – At CES 2023, Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595, NSE: TEJASNET) is exhibiting ATSC 3.0 solutions powered by its SDR chipset. It is also demonstrating an ATSC 3.0 enabled reference smartphone, developed in partnership with One Media.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Parag Naik, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media