ACCESS demonstrates how to drive multiscreen consumer engagement at ANGA Cable 2012Tuesday, May 29th, 2012
OBERHAUSEN, Germany — ACCESS CO., LTD, today announced that it will be returning to ANGA Cable (June 12-14, Cologne) this year to demonstrate how its multiscreen solutions can help content owners & distributors, device manufacturers and network operators to launch and profit from new connected home, connected TV and OTT business models. The solutions will be demonstrated in conjunction with four of its partners – Fortis, Kaon Media, Ocean Blue and Vestel.
“At ANGA Cable 2012 we will be delivering a line-up of Connected Home, Connected TV and OTT solutions, that enable manufacturers and operators to design and launch new applications and services that will excite and thrill consumers, such as swipe to share interactivity between DLNA enabled devices such as cameras, camcorders, set-top boxes, smartphones and TVs,” said Dr. Neale Foster, VP of Global Sales IA, ACCESS. “Our investment in exploring recent trends in multi-room, multiscreen services combined with our spirit of innovation allows us to offer strategies that address consumer needs and deliver solid benefits.”
“For example, following the rapid adoption of HbbTV it’s exciting to see so many of our partners setting the pace by choosing to exhibit their HbbTV ready devices powered by ACCESS at this year’s ANGA Cable. We’re delighted that attendees of the show will also be able to see demos of our latest version of NetFront™ Living Connect, a solution we have designed to meet the increasing demand for secure, intelligent DLNA media sharing,” concluded Dr. Foster.
ACCESS’ NetFront™ technology series has been deployed in over a billion devices globally, and its NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition is the most widely deployed HbbTV browser in the market today.
Demonstrations at ANGA Cable 2012 will include:
- NetFront™ Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile – an advanced new WebKit-based HTML5 browser that features extremely efficient memory usage, high stability, high portability and comprehensive support for DTV standards including HbbTV, BBC iPlayer and CE-HTML. NetFront Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile is an ideal solution for DTVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray Disc™ players and automobile infotainment systems.
- NetFront Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition – is a market-proven, modular, extremely compact, scalable, upgradeable, platform-independent HbbTV software solution that enables OEMs, middleware companies and operators to upgrade or launch HbbTV capable devices and services quickly, efficiently and affordably.
- NetFront™ Living Connect 3.0 – enables seamless sharing and playback of pictures, music and video on connected devices. The latest version of ACCESS’ DLNA Technology Component™ solution enables device manufacturers and OEMs to quickly and efficiently implement services that support DLNA Guidelines on Consumer Electronic (CE) devices. Advancements in the latest model include Remote User Interface, DLNA ‘Premium Video’ and cloud content plug-ins.
Customer Booth ACCESS Demo -------- ----- ----------- Fortis 10.1/N10 NetFront Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile HbbTV Edition Kaon Media 10.2/H31 NetFront Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition Ocean Blue 10.2/H48 NetFront Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition Vestel 10.1/Q9 NetFront Browser DTV Profile HbbTV Edition and NetFront Living Connect
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution