ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chipFriday, April 5th, 2013
ViXS™ Announces XCode™ Pro 350 – World’s First Transcoder Chip to Support 10 bit Ultra HD 4K and High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC); Enables Use of Next-Generation Video Format While Significantly Reducing Bandwidth Consumption
TORONTO — ViXS Systems Inc. today announced the new XCode Pro 350, the world’s first silicon solution for transcoding 10 bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save significant bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution. The XCode Pro 350 supports the next generation HEVC codec while simultaneously enabling new designs to reach increased density, performance and video quality. At NAB 2013, ViXS will be demonstrating streams generated from the XCode Pro 350, as well as other high-density transcoding and encoding applications for the content infrastructure market.
Key XCode Pro 350 features include:
- HEVC 10-bit Main Profile Ultra HD 4K to MPEG-4 HD transcoding
- Multi-stream HEVC HD to MPEG-2/MPEG-4 HD transcoding
- Dual MPEG-2 HD output
- Increased Bandwidth for MPTS IP input
- Mirror transcoding and encoding for live Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) streaming applications
- Multistream motion adaptive deinterlacing
- DolbyÂ© Digital Plus 5.1 Professional Encode
With the addition of 10 Bit HEVC, enhanced multi-stream transcoding, and motion adaptive deinterlacing, the XCode Pro 350 sets a new standard for quality and density. New customers using the XCode Pro 350 have the power and flexibility to quickly develop a broad range of solutions for broadcast, cloud infrastructure and hospitality. By keeping the same application programming interfaces (API’s) as the existing XCode Pro chip family, ViXS allows current customers to even more rapidly incorporate the XCode Pro 350 into their product line.
“ViXS continues to aggressively innovate, and we are excited to again lead the industry by being the first to integrate 10 bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC into a transcoder chip,” said John Pomeroy, Vice President of ViXS’ Infrastructure product line. “As content creators take advantage of new video formats and resolutions to satisfy consumer demand for the ultimate big screen viewing experience, it is critical that content distributors and service providers have a solution that supports the new standards while reducing bandwidth consumption. The Xcode Pro 350 enables a new generation of infrastructure equipment that provides that solution.”
Samples of XCode Pro 350 are expected in Q4 2013. ViXS products and technology will be on display at NAB 2013 from April 8th to the 11th at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023