Next DIRECTV satellites to provide capacity for 4KThursday, July 31st, 2014
The Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), Michael D. White, has said, on the company’s Q2 2014 earnings conference call, that one of the uses of the additional capacity provided by the commissioning of its two new satellites will be for the transmission of 4K Ultra HD content.
The new satellites – DIRECTV 14 and 15 – are scheduled for launch over the next 18 months.
White also said that the company was working to acquire 4K content, with an expectation to be able to broadcast live events in 4K in 2015 or early 2016.
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027