NAGRA MediaLive powers StarHub multiscreen offerTuesday, September 9th, 2014
NAGRA MediaLive powers StarHub’s next generation multiscreen offer
- Singapore’s leading cable television service provider deploys NAGRA’s end-to-end multiscreen solution, NAGRA MediaLive Multiscreen
- NAGRA MediaLive Multiscreen enables StarHub to deliver content to multiple devices seamlessly and securely, while supporting both cable and fiber-to-the-home networks
- Solution leverages NAGRA’s JoinIn reference architecture and anyCAST PRM content protection studio-approved DRM to help accelerate the launch of secure multiscreen connected home services
CHESEAUX, Switzerland — NAGRA, a digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, announced today that StarHub, Singapore’s leading pay-TV operator, selected its end-to-end multiscreen solution, NAGRA MediaLive Multiscreen, to power its next generation digital TV services.
The move also allows StarHub to build on its existing cable television service and extend its reach using Singapore’s fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network, providing subscribers with a new level of advanced hybrid services enabled by MediaLive’s robust multi-network and multi-device capabilities.
“The ability to innovate on top of our existing platform in order to deliver a whole new experience to our customers was the driving force behind our decision to partner with NAGRA,” said Ms. Lin Shu Fen, Head of Entertainment & SmartLife, StarHub. “StarHub customers are now able to enjoy a seamless and responsive user-interface, interactivity and innovative services enabled by NAGRA’s end-to-end solution.”
“StarHub is defining the next generation TV viewing experience in Singapore”, said Jean-Luc Jezouin, NAGRA’s Senior Vice President of Sales for Asia. “This latest deployment seamlessly connects consumers to premium content and services across multiple screens. We look forward to continuing to work closely with StarHub as they take advantage of the new opportunities multiscreen television has to offer.”
MediaLive Multiscreen provides StarHub with a flexible solution that enables rapid service innovation and multiple monetization options by offering the tools to manage, secure and operate, from a single platform, a wide range of media services across multiple delivery networks, devices and content types, including video-on-demand, catch-up TV, and HTML5 applications.
MediaLive Multiscreen implements the NAGRA JoinIn reference architecture, a blueprint for deploying connected home services and also leverages NAGRA’s DECE and DTLA-approved DRM solution, NAGRA anyCAST PRM, ensuring content remains secure on any device.
StarHub’s has over half a million pay-TV subscribers in Singapore and has been a longtime partner of NAGRA for its conditional access technology.
NAGRA will showcase the StarHub service at the IBC Show in Amsterdam, September 12-16, 2014, on stand 1.C81.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store