Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Motive Television PLC (AIM: MTV.LON), the digital television technology, software and solutions provider announces that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television LLC (“TTV”), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco
Motive Television PLC (AIM: MTV.LN), the digital television technology, software and solutions provider, announces that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television LLC (“TTV”), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco, which will run through October and November supporting a product launch in time for Christmas 2014.
The marketing plan includes public relations announcements, digital and social media, live events, advertising campaigns, and television spots.
- The new Tablet TV website is planned to go live immediately, providing the ability to pre-register to be among the first to receive the product. The social media promotion will start at the end of October and will include Facebook and Twitter promotions focusing on how TTV is preparing for the launch, how being part of San Francisco technology community is beneficial to TTV and the Company, and countdown engagement campaigns.
- Granite’s television station, KOFY and Tablet TV will share a stand at The Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Festival, an annual event held in the coastal community of Half Moon Bay, California on the 18 and 19 October 2014, during pumpkin harvest season. TTV will use this opportunity to demonstrate Tablet TV, promote the launch, and the sign up of early buyers. This festival is one of the oldest and largest local festivals in California and is attended by almost 100,000 people over the course of two days.
- An active news strategy will increase local and national awareness, following on the front-page article in the San Francisco Chronicle in August 2014.
- TV adverts will start airing on KOFY TV and online beginning in November.
- Speaking engagements by Tablet TV executives have been scheduled at Digital Hollywood on 22 October 2014 and National Association of Broadcasters Futures Conference 3-5 November 2014. Tablet TV will also have stands and be on panels at the Consumer Electronics Show 6-9 January 2015 and the National Association of Broadcasters show 11-16 April 2015.
As described in earlier announcements, technical beta testing has been underway in San Francisco since 25 September and will conclude by 19 October of this year. Marketing beta testing will occur during the first two weeks of November following the next release of the user interface and app in October.
Tablet Television will be available through an e-commerce website supported by a major online sales organization providing fulfillment and customer care. TTV is in discussions with the leading audience measurement and analytics providers to provide audience measurement and analysis.
Luc Tomasino, head of marketing and launch architect for TTV commented, “We want to tell people who we are, where we are, and what we are about. We are all about San Francisco but very global (SF, NY, Barcelona, London) – which in a lot of ways is what San Francisco is all about. San Francisco is one of the coolest and most international cities in the world. Where better than to take an international service and start it here.”
Motive CEO Leonard M Fertig added, “Tablet TV has worked carefully over the past year to prepare for this moment.The envisioned launch in the heart of Silicon Valley and America’s most independently-minded city is an exciting start to what Motive believes will be a strong and successful business both domestically and around the world.”