Amazon Prime Video app available on Apple TVWednesday, December 6th, 2017
The Amazon Prime Video App Is Now Available on Apple TV in Over 100 Countries
- Integration with the Apple TV App, Siri Remote and universal search make finding and playing Prime Video favorites remarkably easy for viewers
- Prime Video on Apple TV arrives just in time for the premiere of The Grand Tour Season 2 on December 8
SEATTLE — Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced the Prime Video app is available on Apple TV 4K and previous generations of Apple TV in over 100 countries. Prime Video members now have even more ways to stream award-winning and critically-acclaimed titles including Amazon Original Movies, Prime Originals and Hollywood blockbusters and TV series and over 140 Channel subscriptions in the US and 95 in the UK, Germany and Austria. Starting tomorrow, customers can enjoy Thursday Night Football live on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV. Amazon’s library of 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) titles are available on Apple TV 4K. Finding content on Prime Video is remarkably easy for Apple TV viewers with the Apple TV App, Siri Remote and universal search in select countries.
“There is nothing that excites us more than delighting our customers, and we are thrilled for them to stream Prime Video on Apple TV,” said Mark Eamer, Vice President of Prime Video. “The app arrives just in time for the highly anticipated new season of The Grand Tour, which launches on December 8th, and Prime Video members streaming on the Apple TV 4K will have the exceptional viewing experience of 4K HDR.”
Apple TV owners around the world now have access to Amazon Original Movies and Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Tick along with the upcoming premieres of Jean-Claude Van Johnson on December 15 and Phillip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams on January 12. Prime Video offers a wide array of award-winning kids content including Tumble Leaf, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and The Snowy Day as well as popular licensed titles coming to the service every month.
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023