Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deploymentTuesday, February 25th, 2020
Telikom PNG selected UniqCast to provide OTT/IPTV solution
- Telikom PNG, incumbent operator from Papua New Guinea selected UniqCast IPTV/OTT solution to offer IPTV services to their fixed line subscribers
PORT MORESBY — Today, Telikom PNG offers retail business of voice and data broadband services along with wholesale business of these voice and data services. Partnering with UniqCast, established vendor and system integrator for interactive video services, Telikom PNG will now be able to offer full triple play service with premium TV experience to their subscribers.
UniqCast, together with their partner, Benchmark Broadcast, system integrator from Singapore, provided content and subscriber management, streaming server as well as client application for Android TV STB devices.
“We selected UniqCast TV platform because it combines middleware and streaming capabilities in a single platform and provides excellent user experience across all devices,” says Xavier Victor, CEO of Telikom PNG.
“UniqCast convinced us with their professional support and knowledge sharing during the selection process and they helped us during the implementation phase as well, especially on network and transcoding,” adds Mr. Victor.
“We are proud to be able to help Telikom with our experience in end to end IPTV/OTT projects and network specifics of island countries,” said Mr. Darko Robič, CEO at UniqCast. “I look forward to further cooperation with Telikom and future extensions of their service. ”
“Excellent cooperation of all parties and flexibility of the UniqCast solution resulted in quick and smooth project delivery,” said Mr. Ramesh Babu, CTO at Benchmark Broadcast. “We are excited to support Telikom PNG for their TV service and to extend partnership with UniqCast in the region.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement