Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partnerThursday, January 21st, 2021
Sky Media Appoints TVbeat as independent TV Data Verification Partner
- Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky, and TVbeat, have further expanded their long-term partnership with independent TV data verification
LONDON, England — Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky, and TVbeat, a global leader in TV Inventory and Yield Management, have further expanded their long-term partnership with independent TV data verification.
Sky Media has appointed TVbeat as the ‘System of Note’ to ingest, process and harmonise data from various sources across their technology stack in a privacy-complaint and independent manner. Such sources include:
- Household viewership data from set-top boxes.
- Advertising data from sources such as AdSmart, On Demand & OTT ad-servers, booking system, and linear ads.
- Demographic data from Sky’s Data Management Platform and third party providers.
As part of this partnership, TVbeat will calculate key TV metrics such as reach, frequency, impressions and inventory capacity. Sky Media will use these independently verified metrics as the primary source of truth for both its internal operations and in the provision of reporting to media partners and agencies. These elements will contribute to the delivery of Sky Media’s new industry leading One Campaign initiative. This deal is incremental to a current long-term agreement where TVbeat is enabling its holistic Inventory Management and Yield Optimization capabilities to Sky Media.
“Expanding our partnership with TVbeat enables us to enhance our relationships with our advertising partners building on TV’s market leading credibility with the provision of independently verified advertising metrics,” said Martin Leach, Director Operations Sky Media.
“We are delighted to be further deepening our relationship with Sky Media. For some time, TVbeat has highlighted the fundamental need to solve the data challenges at TV media companies to enable them to operate holistically across their linear, addressable and digital ad businesses based on 100% accurate and verified figures,” said Robert Farazin, founder and CEO TVbeat. “The conventional TV measurement and linear data solutions are architecturally and functionally incapable of handling today’s TV data complexity, scale and data interoperability requirements.”
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027