Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution ProviderThursday, January 21st, 2021
Wyplay joins the global network of Alexa Solution Providers
MARSEILLE, FRANCE — Wyplay, a global TV Professional Services and Video Platform Solutions provider, with more than 15 years of experience, is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. With an extensive track record in voice-interaction experiences and integrations, Wyplay accompanies TV operators with the integration of the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems – including RDK, Android TV and Linux.
In summary, Wyplay addresses two use cases:
- Integration of Alexa on an RDK or Linux STB (farfield device and/or remote-control unit equipped with a microphone);
- Management of any STB (RDK, Linux, Android TV) by any Alexa-powered device (smart speaker, smartphone, soundbar and smart display).
Wyplay has already enabled the management of legacy Linux STB using Alexa enabled-devices for a leading Tier 1 operator. Wyplay recently integrated Alexa Voice Services in a reference RDK implementation with Wyplay’s Premium UX – based on Lightning, the Metrological standard development framework.
The new Amazon Alexa Voice Service offering is an integral part of our Professional Services strategy, designed to support our operators across all TV verticals.” said Dominique Feral, CSMO of Wyplay. “The Alexa Voice Service integration complements our wide offering including system integration, consulting on OS selection, OTT 3rd party applications integration, cross-device framework, etc.”
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA