Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele ColumbusWednesday, April 14th, 2021
Public takeover offer by Kublai GmbH: Successful completion of the takeover offer for Tele Columbus
- Together with the stake held by United Internet, Kublai will hold a total of 91,96 percent of all Tele Columbus shares after closing of the takeover offer
- With the antitrust clearance by the EU Commission on April 12, 2021, the transaction can be completed
- Closing of the offer and payment expected on April 19, 2021
- The current members of the Supervisory Board will resign from office with effect from the end of the next Annual General Meeting, which is scheduled for the end of May, in order to allow for a replacement
- Start of the rights offering guaranteed by Kublai in the amount of EUR 475 million expected at the end of April
BERLIN — Tele Columbus AG (ISIN: DE000TCAG172, WKN: TCAG17), one of Germany’s leading fiber network operators, today announces that with the antitrust clearance granted on April 12, 2021, all offer conditions have been fulfilled. This means that the takeover offer by Kublai GmbH, backed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, can be completed.
By the end of the further acceptance period on April 1, 2021, the takeover offer was accepted for a total of 79.158.047 shares. This equals a stake of approximately 62,06 percent in Tele Columbus. As part of the closing of the offer, United Internet will also contribute its stake of around 29.90 percent to Kublai. This increases the shareholding to 91,96 percent. The parties received antitrust clearance from the EU Commission on April 12, 2021 and the relevant Clearance Certificate of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy on March 30, 2021. This means that the final conditions to the successful completion of the transaction have been fulfilled. Closing of the offer is scheduled for April 19, 2021.
In view of the forthcoming change of control, the current members of the Supervisory Board have announced today that they will resign from office with effect from the end of the next Annual General Meeting. The next ordinary Annual General Meeting is planned to take place by the end of May. Kublai has announced that it will appoint new members to the Supervisory Board after the closing of the offer in order to be represented according to the size of its shareholding as previously communicated in the Offer Document. The new members proposed by Kublai are to be elected at the next Annual General Meeting, which is scheduled for the end of May.
“We are pleased that the offer has been accepted by so many shareholders and that all regulatory approvals have been granted. This is great news for all parties involved. This means that the capital increase, which was approved in January 2021, can be launched before the end of April and we can go ahead with the implementation of our strategy at full speed. The successful takeover offer and the capital increase pave the way for sustainable, organic growth for Tele Columbus in light of the Fiber Champion strategy. I look forward to working with Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners and United Internet,” says Dr. Daniel Ritz, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tele Columbus AG.
The Fiber Champion strategy presented in August 2020 aims to create a sustainable capital structure and enable substantial investments in the fiber roll-out in Germany. Over the next ten years, the company plans to invest EUR 2 billion in network infrastructure and fiber roll-out and as well as significantly increase internet penetration via open access.
After the closing of the takeover offer, the planned rights offering in the amount of EUR 475 million is expected to start at the end of April 2021. Kublai guarantees the rights offering.
Links: Tele Columbus; Morgan Stanley
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration